Credits for banner here.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"Do 'Tormatoes' have Neighborhoods?"

Family Haps
My dear, sweet Connor asked me this today while we were on a bike ride through our neighborhood and I thought it was just so cute. By the way, he meant tornadoes. About a month ago we had some pretty bad tornadoes that swept through Middle TN and so we had to get everybody into our coat closet (which thankfully is quite large for a coat closet) under the staircase. We live quite near the warning sirens and they are so loud! This is the first time that Connor has really gotten scared by something like this. It was so pitiful...after everything had settled down we put the kids back in bed in the guest room and I was working on the computer. Brooke went back to sleep but Connor's eyes were so big and fearful. He didn't say anything but he kept looking out the window. It made me so sad for him. Apparently, he still thinks about it because today on a bright and beautiful almost spring day he was still thinking about "tormatos".

In the last post I told you I would share some pics from Destin so I thought before too much time had passed I'd better do it! My girlfriend, Emma, had a condo in Destin for a week so four of us headed down there for some "girl" time. It was so nice to get away for a few days and just relax without any responsibilites. And, we had uninterrupted scrap time!

Scrappin' News

It's been a while since I've posted any LOs so I thought I'd share a few with you. Here's one I did for The Sweet Shoppe's Recipe challenge. I used Dana Frantz's new kit, Whisper. It is so pretty!

















This next LO I did was from a kit called Hello Sunshine from Kristin Cronin-Barrow and Traci Reed. It is such a perfect summer kit! I also used Chrissy W's Lotsa Photos templates (I turned a one page template into a two page template). Chrissy's templates are so wonderful - you've gotta check them out here.

Credits for LOs can be found here.


2 comments:

ChrissyW said...

I 100% LOVE that 2 pager! you do amazing work!!! thanks girl!

JenLo said...

Poor little guy! I remember it scared Eric the first time they did a "severe weather drill" at school in kindergarten! They all line up at the wall and put their arms up and shield their faces in their arms against the wall. They didn't warn the parents before, and poor little guy came home all worried about tornadoes--which we don't even get.