Credits for banner here.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

All about boobies

I knew the day would come that my youngest would embarrass me in public as my older two already have. That day was today. We were at church early tonight and so Liam and I were out in the foyer area dropping some coats off for a coat drive we are having. Well, we have a Haitian congregation that meets in one of our smaller sanctuaries and one of the boys was walking by. He looked to be maybe 13 or so and he was maybe a little chunky but nothing anyone would notice and stare at except my child.

Liam craned his head around as this poor, unfortunate boy walked by and he very distinctly said, "Mommy, he has boobies just like you!" (Have I told you before that Liam is obsessed with boobs?) Well, this poor fellow turned around and said, "HUH?" and once again my sweet little Liam said as clearly as ever, "Mommy, he has boobies just like you!"

Why, oh, why does this NEVER happen when Dale has the kids?!?! This poor pre-teen/teen who is probably just now going through puberty is going to have major issues from now on with his self-esteem and body image thanks to my 2 year old! I'm sure he'll never forget the Sunday night in Nashville, TN when some toddler pointed out his "boobies"!!

No comments: