Credits for banner here.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Bragging a Little


Last night Dale and I went to the parent/teacher conference with Brooke's 1st grade teacher. She really seems to love Brooke and enjoys teaching her. She told us that Brooke is doing well in her subjects and that she is very helpful and compassionate to the other students. Of course Dale and I were glad to hear that Brooke is doing well because usually all we hear about is the warnings she receives at school. The moment she gets off the bus she tells me how many warnings she received that day! It's pretty funny how honest she is.

However, I think what Dale and I are most proud of is that Brooke truly is a friendly and loving little girl. She may barely know you but you will get a big hug from her if you engage her at all! As we were leaving the school last night one of the janitors walked by and Brooke yelled out his name and waved at him. His reply was, "You are really good parents. You have the nicest little girl." We said thank you and smiled and he said, "No, really, Brooke is the nicest child in this school."

I was so proud that he would say that about Brooke. He's not one of her teachers and she doesn't really see him that much but the way that she is warm and friendly to everyone really made an impression on him.

2 comments:

JenLo said...

That is such a neat way to see the good qualities in her! I think kids with lots of spirit have the most potential to touch other people.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I'm so proud of her!

ps- i will try to get those photos ready for you soon. I'm so behind- sounds like the story of our lives. I do have my favorites picked out- there are about 150 of them!!!