Credits for banner here.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Huncle Dave


My sister, Jennifer has blogged about "Huncle Dave" but I one-upped her because I scrapped him :) Actually, Heather Manning, whose Creative Team I'm part of, has a Soldier Kit and I needed to make a layout with it. At first I was stumped as to what to do with it but then I remembered this picture that I had of Dave. It was alot of fun doing this LO and it brought back lots of fond memories. Oh, the stories I could tell!

The journaling reads, "The Army may call him Lieutentant Colonel David A. Brown but to his nieces he’s “Huncle Dave”... You see, Uncle Dave was the youngest of ten and my father was the oldest so growing up he was more like an older brother - especially to my sister. He would do all kinds of fun stuff with us, like taking us on hikes and even slipping some out to movies they weren’t allowed to see, but all the while we had to call him by his self- given name - “Huncle Dave.” Well, it looks like he grew into the title."

So, Uncle Dave, here's one for you!

Credits:
Papers, Elements - Heather Manning's SOLDIER kit
Fonts: Army Narrow, Arial

No comments: