Credits for banner here.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

13.1 Miles in 3 hrs 12 min.


Yesterday marked a new achievement for me. Back in January I signed up to walk the Music City 1/2 marathon and after several months of training (meaning walking every day and doing long walks on the weekends) I thought I was well prepared. However, I underestimated my team mates! I talked my dear, sweet friend Jen Jones into signing up as well but we only got to walk once together - our 10 mile walk which was supposed to be an "easy" walk. I was sick that day so we didn't really strain ourselves too much. Anyway, I had no idea that she walks about twice as fast as me because her stride is about twice as long as mine. After yesterday I have lovingly dubbed her as my friend with giraffe legs and Jar Jar Binx feet. So, although I signed up to walk the 1/2 marathon I ended up running a good part of it just to keep up! Come next year, Jen is either on somebody else's team or I'm going to have to just train to run it. Well, come to think about it, maybe I'll keep her on my team because she is a great pacesetter.

This picture is of Jenna who couldn't be at the race to cheer us on because she was going to see her other "boyfriend." (She's supposed to grow up and marry Connor!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't kick me off the team! :)

I think we should definitely consider running it next year!

JenLo said...

SO glad you survived!!