Credits for banner here.

Monday, April 28, 2008

WOW! What a busy weekend we had! Saturday I walked/ran in the Country Music Half Marathon. Judy (my SIL) and I arrived in downtown Nashville at 7 am pumped and ready! (We arrived the first time at 6 am but realized that one of us had forgotten our race number (I won't name names to protect the innocent :) so we turned around to go get it. We raced back to Baptist hospital where Judy works, ran inside to use clean bathrooms so we wouldn't have to use the disgusting Port-o-jons unless ABSOLUTELY necessary and walked out to Broadway just in time to see the first runners start. Being that Judy and I are veterans (I use the term lightly) of this race we knew that our corral would be at least 30 minutes behind the first runners so we actually weren't stressed about our late arrival. We finally found Jen J in corral 19 and proceeded to wait 46 minutes after the start of the race until we crossed the start line.

We ran about a 1/3 of the race and walked the rest. We finished the race in 2:59:45 which is 13 minutes faster than last year! We were pretty surprised because the whole race we kept saying to each other how slow we felt like we were walking. After the race we met up with Megan and Jen who ran it, and our fans, Chad, Mal and Randy!

When I got home from the race Mom and Ken were waiting for me. They had arrived about 10:00 am for a short overnight visit. Being that Brooke's birthday was last Wednesday and we had no time to properly celebrate she was waiting as well to begin her birthday celebrations which included roller-skating. Yes, roller-skating! So, we all headed to the Brentwood Roller Skating rink and we all donned our skates - from the oldest to the youngest. Surprisingly I could actually move my legs to get around the rink. Brooke and Connor had so much fun skating and Liam preferred being on the sidelines with any of the adults who were resting their weary selves. After skating we went to Cracker Barrel (Brooke's choice) to meet up with her friend Hailey who was coming to play and spend the night. After a very yummy dinner of pancakes we headed home to finally relax!

Sunday morning I awoke to very stiff and sore legs and so I proceeded to limp through the day! We had a very busy day yesterday as well so I fell into bed about 10:00 pm and awoke this morning not ready to start day. Liam was still sleeping which is RARE so I decided to take advantage of his sleeping in. My sweet hubby got Brooke ready, fed and off to school so I could stay in a bed a while longer. And now, here I sit, still in my pjs with Liam on my lap thinking that it is still much too early to get dressed! Oh well, I'll at least get dressed before I pick Brooke up from school at 3:30 pm.

10 comments:

Robin said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a busy weekend! How cool that you took part in a Marathon?? It makes my calf muscles sore just thinking about it! LOL

Unknown said...

LOVE your music! I thought for a minute that I'd turned my Media Player on. Love Love Love Plumb!

Anonymous said...

Busy weekend!! I always get dressed in time to pick UP our oldest too. :-)

Barb said...

WAy to go on the half marathon and that smokin' time! Great job! And happy belated anniversary too :-)

Shanna said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! That is a goal of mine! Very inspirational!

JenLo said...

I was hoping your race went well! Jen J said you guys were faster than last year!

CharleneOwensMomof2 said...

Amy, that's awesome that you completed a half marathon and with a better time than before. I would love to do a half marathon someday and then maybe go onto a full one, but it would definitely have to allow for a lot of walking and not just running for me. For some reason, no matter how much I try, I can't jog/run for long, but walking I can do forever. Great job! Also a happy belated anniversary. Your pictures are always amazing!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your run!

I have been meaning to write for a long time and tell you how amazing your pages are.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ok i started my own blog . . . . Meganhillphoto.wordpress.com check it out!