Credits for banner here.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snip, Snip, Snip

Family Haps and Other Ramblings
It's been a busy week. Well, that's my excuse at least for being MIA. Some of my blog stalkers (and you know who you are) keep complaining that I'm not keeping my blog updated. Well, my suggestion for you is to start your own blog ;) Actually, I'm glad there's at least one person who doesn't have to be prodded to see if I've made any updates to my blog!

Anyway, the week started of with a bang. Sunday afternoon I called Connor to get him dressed for Sunday night service and he didn't answer. I walked around upstairs for a while and finally wandered into the guest room. I heard some squirming going on under the bed about the same time that I spied this...

It felt a little like the scenario to me of God calling out to Adam and Eve in the Garden after they had eaten the apple. He called and called and finally they showed themselves. That's pretty much what happened Sunday - I called and called and finally Connor slunk out from under the bed. In case the pictures don't tell the whole story, Connor took a pair of scissors and snipped away at the threads holding the blinds together. Of course, he hasn't learned yet to do away with the physical evidence.
Scrappin' News
Well, as far as my resolution to participate in some scrapbooking challenges, I have been doing quite well! Of course, it's all thanks to Sweet Shoppe - they have tons of challenges going on all the time. It has really helped me to put some pages together quickly in the last few days! I think so far, my favorite as been the Cookie Decorating Challenge. They provide a template and then you get to decorate it however you want. My Forever Romance LO was done with the template from that challenge and it took me no time at all to whip it up!

One other challenge that I couldn't resist this week is over at Oscraps. Annie Manning of Paint the Moon Designs is giving away a gorgeous mini kit if you participate in the challenge. You basically have to use all the products in the kit with your favorite picture from 2007 (using it in some fashion twice in your LO). This is what I came up with...

I absolutely adore this photo of Dale and Brooke. It was taken at Megan's wedding this summer.
The journaling reads: This picture of Daddy serving communion to you makes my heart overflow! Oh how I want you to learn of your Heavenly Father's love for you through your Daddy's love for you. You are such a blessed little girl to have a Daddy who is also your Pastor. One day I believe you will understand the significance of this. As you grow, I pray that your relationship with your Daddy will always be as sweet and as full as it is in this moment. This moment where Daddy shares life fully with you. This moment in which he gives to you the holy sacrament of communion. Credits here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this one. I call this one on a magnet! Dibs! Missed you last night!

Mary Ellen said...

Ugh, my two year old did something similar to blinds in one of the front bedrooms, we have the exact same ones...my little Goliath snapped a whole bunch of them in two windows in half! Large, gaping holes were left...ugh. He was too young to even know to hide!

Absolutely love the picture of your daughter and husband, very precious.

Meg said...

A very cute picture - and a perfect LO.

Anonymous said...

Love the update......ha ha! OH me....we'll I'm LOL about your blinds...hate you will have to buy more....but hey...our sons definitely know how to use the scissors!

Léa said...

Beautiful LO and very nice blog...

Léa said...

Beaufiful LO!!!

thesandlady said...

loved the communion picture. Brookie is such a combination of you and Dale yet such a beautiful individual person. What a treasure...thanks for sharing..grammy

JenLo said...

I totally intend to plagiarized this picture and print me one for my house! With your permission, of course ;)