Credits for banner here.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Sacrificial Reindeer

Family Haps and Other Ramblings
Monday morning Dale had to serve on jury duty. Brooke asked him what that was and so he had to explain to her a little of our legal system. Of course he used me as an example explaining that if mommy embezzled money (yes, he explained that term as well) that I would have to go to court and the company that I stole from would also go to the same court in front of a judge and jury to decide what my punishment would be. After this long explanation she thought for a minute and this is how the rest of the conversation went...

Brooke: "Why don't they just kill an animal.?"
Dale: "Kill and animal?"
Brooke: Yeah, like a sheep, a goat or a reindeer."

It seems like we might be getting the Old and New Testament mixed up a little (were their reindeers at the birth of Christ?) Anyway, we're glad to know that she is able to apply what she is learning in Sunday School to our legal system.

Brooke and Connor started gymnastics again today (this is Brooke's 2nd year - Connor's 1st time). I was very surprised when I went in to pick them up because the teacher told me that Brooke was ready to be promoted to the Advanced Pre-Recreational class. Apparently her cartwheels are outstanding :) Brooke hasn't taken gymnastics since last spring so I thought she would be a little behind the others.
Scrappin' News
Here are a couple LOs I've been working on the last few days. I've decided since making my first Shutterfly book that I want to try to get back to do more two pagers - I like the way it looks to have one background paper across the two page spread. I may not always do one theme on the two pages but I will at least use the same background paper to give it some unity. The first page is done with a kit by Kristin CB and Paula Duncan called Thumpety, Thump, Thump. It is such a nice mix of beautiful papers and elements along with a few kiddie things like the snowman and a really cute snowman snowglobe.

The page below is just a big mishmash (is that a word?) from a bunch of designers. Credits for both pages can be found here...

Well, I received a sweet little email today from my friend JennyG letting me know that my Honey Bee page (you can see it in the previous post) was chosen as a Gallery Standout Page this week over at The Sweet Shoppe blog. That made my day :)



5 comments:

Neverland Scraps said...

oh that's just too too sweet that Brooke said that about the sacrifice! The things these kids learn in church! Isn't it wonderful to know that we dont have to sacrifice those animals any more and that the ultimate sacrific had been made for our wrong-doings!!

What a sweet little angel you have there!! God had truly blessed your family!

Wonderful layout, I love the photos and how they pop through the layout!!

Monique said...

Great 2 page layouts! They look wonderful! And congrats to your little one for doing so well in gymnastics, I'm thinking of looking into putting my DD into gymnastics too, help her be a bit more active and she loves to jump on our bed and keeps trying to do summersaults on her own... lol. We'll see if I can find anything in this little town of ours, :-) Have a great day Amy!

SarahG said...

Too Cute about her inquisitive comments! I Love your 2 pagers, I have never done one like that!

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Mary Ellen said...

I love Shutterfly's books, I've done five of them, two for myself and three for different people and they have turned out so nice. The quality of work is excellent.

A friend of mine used another company and her book wasn't nearly as nice.

JenLo said...

I really like the two-page paper too. And congrats on the layout!