Credits for banner here.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Well, as of late, it seems that I am becoming a once a week blogger. I guess I just don't have alot to say - or maybe just not a whole lot of time to say it. At any rate, I'll catch you up on what has been going on this week. Let's start with....

Scrappin' News
Kristin CB over at SweetShoppe has some adorable new kits. You've gotta check out, Just Lily, which she made for her daughter's 5th birthday. She asked each of her CT girls to make a page using the kit for a birthday album for Lily and then we made a quickpage from the LO. Kristin is giving all the quickpages away over at the SweetShoppe blog and it would make an ADORABLE album. So, go check it out!! Here is the page I made for Lily, and then my own page for Brooke from the quickpage.


Cori Gammon has a really pretty kit called Be Mine for Valentines over at Shabby Pickle Designs. She is the guest for the month of January there. Here's a LO I did using that. It has some really cute elements in it so if you are looking for something for Valentine's, look no further!













Here's one more LO I did from a bunch of Jomi's kits which are available at The Digichick. All of Jomi's kits are simply elegant and they are so much fun to work with. I used probably 6 or 7 different kits and everything blends just seamlessly. You can find all the credits for the LOs here.









Family Haps and Other Ramblings
Quote of the Day: Today in the van after school I was asking Brooke about her day. She said, "Mommy, my lips really hurt [they are chapped] and Mrs. Barnhill gave me gasoline for them and even THAT didn't work!

Well, It looks like we are going to have a busy weekend. Tomorrow night I have Girl's Night which is a monthly get together at a different home with lots of food and game playing. It's always a treat to get out with my girlfriends. Saturday morning we have our Annual Summit Leadership Conference at church which Dale is leading. Saturday afternoon Connor has a birthday party and Saturday evening there are plans in the works to get together with some friends. Whew...I'm feeling fatigued already. Then it's onto Sunday. MOMents (our moms group at church which I lead) is having our annual fund raiser, Mom's Kitchen, Sunday night after church. We ask people to donate crock pots of soup and we provide dessert and drinks and then people leave donations for the food. Last year we made over $1,000 so we were very pleased. Thankfully, I'm not heading this up - I just have to be there to help Sunday from 3pm until everything is cleaned up.

Monday, Dale and Brooke goes back for a follow-up with the allergist. I'm hoping that he thinks everything is looking good. Liam just had is two year well-check and he is growing like a little weed. He went from the 20th percentile to the 40th percentile in weight and from the 40th to the 50th in height. His head circumference is in the 75th percentile which is no big surprise because his Daddy has a big head.

Well, that's about it. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back around next Thursday or maybe before :)



5 comments:

Diane Rooney said...

Oh I love those layouts. Beautiful and inspirational. x

Tammy said...

Beautiful layouts and your pictures of what your son did gave me a chuckle today. That is something my son would have done at that age and then try to blame it on the dog. He was an only child.

Monique said...

Beautiful layouts Amy, wasn't scrapping Kristin's Lil fun?! Hope you get some time to relax this weekend between everything!

ChrissyW said...

adorable pages!! and thank SO MUCH for the link to the freebie - wow that's amazing!!

JenLo said...

Those layouts are adorable! Very funny about Brooke's vaseline.