Credits for banner here.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Crawford Wedding

Several weeks back I had the privilege of taking wedding pictures for the very first time! My good friend, Denise, needed a photographer and asked me if I would take pictures of her very small wedding. Because she is my good friend I couldn't say no, but I did warn her that I had absolutely NO experience with weddings. Well, thankfully my brother-in-law has an amazing telephoto and all purpose lens (we both have a Canon 30D) and so I was set. I called my niece, Megan, who is a real photographer to get some ideas from her and then I arrived at the church. I was a little nervous but once I started snapping away it turned out to be alot of fun. Denise was a gorgeous bride so all the pictures were great. The telephoto lens provided really great depth of field (blur) so I used it even for some of her bridal "portraits". Now that I look back at her pictures I already have a slew of things I would do differently, but since I plan on leaving wedding photography to the professionals I guess I don't really need to worry about it.

Here is a wedding album I put together as a sample for photographers to look at. I'm looking for busy photographers who need a wedding album designer. If you know of any send them my way.

By the way, some of the pictures on the slide look blurry because instead of the page being 12x12 it is 12x24 so the slideshow is squashing it. There's nothing to do about it until I spend a couple hundred dollars on a real slide program. So, we'll all just have to bear with it!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

GOOD GRIEF AMY!!!! I don't think you really understand what a gifted photographer you are - you too better pictures than most wedding photographers I've seen!!!!

If I were that bride I would be absolutely, positively beyond thrilled. Not only are the pictures amazing but so is the layout of the album you did.

PS If you ever come back this way I would be SO VERY happy if I could pay you to take my kids pictures...what an eye you have!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful photos! Are you certain that you're not a pro??