Credits for banner here.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Three things I never thought I'd do...

1) Add butternut squash to french toast
2) Add butternut squash to grilled cheese sandwiches
3) Add chickpeas to chocolate chip cookies

Now, before you gag let me say that it was all very yummy! I just bought the book Deceptively Delicious and the basis of the book is to get your children to eat their fruits and veggies even if you have to deceive them to do it. Now, being the good Christian girl that I am I don't particularly like the term deceive; however, I figure what they don't know won't hurt them :) So, the next time you come eat at my house you might just find a veggie surprise in your food!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Well anytime you need me to come over and test a recipe you let me know! Being a picky eater and all...

MadameMim said...

Ha ha ha ha! I've been doing this sort of thing for years! :)

How about potatoes and carrots in waffles or zucchini in cake?? :)