Credits for banner here.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Franklin Farmers Market

For the past couple months I've been going to the Franklin Farmer's Market every Saturday morning. I usually get ready to go as soon as Liam wakes up. It's been our little outing and he frequently says to me, "Go to Fomors Moket."It has grown this year and there are so many farmers and crafters there. I love getting the fresh veggies, berries, bread, eggs, honey and meat from local farmers. I go by the same booth every Saturday and get some kind of fresh muffin and then by the dairy for fresh from the cow (well, almost) milk. I then go by the Delvin Farms booth and old Mr. Delvin (I'm assuming that's who it is) helps me pick out a good melon. He looks like he just walked in from the garden! He reminds me alot of my Grandpa Brown.

I'll have to say that my interest in cooking has soared in the last few weeks. I was in such a rut and just didn't ever want to cook but now I really enjoy cooking with all my fresh ingredients. I even planted some herbs to cook with. So far the only one I've used is the basil and it was so yummy. Since I've been getting such delicious tomatoes and bread (the parmesan herb bread is to die for) I've been making tomato and onion sandwiches. I added a little of my fresh basil the other day and it was to die for! Am I country or what!?! My grandma used to eat this kind of stuff. I feel like I'm turning into a little old country woman! Oh well, I'm fine with that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're gonna need to work on that accent if you want to be country..girl! LOL

Unknown said...

Oh Amy, That's my kinda sandwich!