Credits for banner here.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007


Here's a LO I did for the Stand Up and Scrap contest. The question was, "If you could have one dream come true, what would it be?" That was a really difficult question because I just don't think about that kind of thing very much. I'm much more of a practical, day to day person and if you can't have something why think about it? :) So, it took me severals days to cipher on it and this is what I came up with...

Journaling:
My Dear Sister,

I was recently asked the question, “If you could have one dream come true, what would it be?” I really don’t fancy myself a dreamer, but, it suddenly came to me. It wasn’t a dream job, a dream house, or a dreamy husband. It was this...if I could have one dream come true it would be to live near you. When I was sixteen years old you moved away and for the past eighteen years we’ve lived miles apart only seeing each other once or twice a year. I’ve already missed your kids’ growing up but how I wish you could be here to see mine as they grow. I wish we could meet at Starbucks or go the movies. I wish we could see each other at church and eat dinner together during the week. I wish we could share clothes, aerobic classes and friends. I wish we could spend the nitty-gritty, run-of-the-mill days together. I wish...I wish... But, even if this dream never becomes reality I will always be thankful for you, my sister, no matter the distance that separates us.

Credits here.

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

A beautiful post for a very deserving sister!

susan said...

oh what wonderful journaling. I hope you get your wish!

JenLo said...

*sniff* *sniff*. Okay, I have my tissue now. That was so nice of you! That would be my dream too--I'm not stealing it, either. You can ask John, I've told him the exact same thing a million times.

If you'd asked, I could've provided you with a more stylin' picture of us ;o. Actually, I think that one is sweet.

Victoria said...

I love that spending time with your sister is what you would pick! So heartfelt and beautiful!

LindaJo49 said...

What an awesome post!!! You definitely have a gift! Sisters are such a blessing and I know about distance since my sister lives some 1,000 miles away! But in the heart, there is no distance! By the way, your kids are gorgeous!!! And I envy your talent in scrapbooking!! Keep it up! We'll enjoy it!

Melanie said...

What a beautiful layout and a beautiful letter! The letter made me get all teary eyed.

You are very talented with your scrapbooking.