Credits for banner here.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Fun with Family



We're back from Thanksgiving but I'm not ready for Thanksgiving to be over yet :( We had such a great time in Texas with my mom and stepdad and my sister and her family and of course Aunt Buni - oh, and I better not forget Jen Jones! We had one long week of just being together and pretty much living on top of each other. But that's okay - every once in a while you just need to submerse yourself in family and friend ;)

Jen drove with me to Texas on Friday - Dale had to be at church on Sunday so he flew in on Monday. So Jen and I started out on Friday about 5 pm and from the start the trip was doomed...we went the long way through town during rush hour and then we had several never-ending potty breaks. By 10pm when we got to Memphis (it should have taken us 3 hours - not 5) I'd had enough so we stopped at a hotel. I thought things couldn't get any worse but the next morning we once again took a wrong turn and by 4 pm when we rolled into Longview we were on the verge of being comatose. I thought Jen was going to run for the nearest airport and fly home...but she didn't!

Thankfully the rest of the week was just laid back and fun. We scrapped, made cards (well, Jen did) played lots of Dominoes and ate way too much food! In spin class this morning I was feeling the effects of all the rest and relaxation - my body was not happy with me! Another perk was that we got to see my Uncle Dave and Aunt Susan and their family. They drove over from San Antonio where Dave is stationed so we spent Friday afternoon and evening with them. It was so great for our families to catch up and to just be together! We do not get to see them nearly often enough and so when we do it is quite a treat.

Now we're back and Brooke is wondering why the whole neighborhood is decorated for Christmas and our house isn't. So, I've got to get unpacked, the house cleaned and ready to put the tree up on Friday.

7 comments:

JenLo said...

It was a FUN week, even though I look preggo in that dinner picture.

Lilbirdscrap said...

I can't believe it is Christmas time. I am waiting 4 my kids to get home so we can put some outside lights up. We are a little behind the rest of the neighborhood too!

Lynn Grieveson said...

Lovely family photos. Now what you mean about not being ready to be home and for it to be over! I just blogged about the same thing!

Mary Ellen said...

Did Jen your sister fly up and drive with you or Jen Jones?

Fun to see the pictures, your "Hunkle" has a beautiful family!

Glad your made it safely there and back - I'm feeling behind too but I haven't been "allowed" to put up my Christmas decor until after a baby shower being held here tomorrow night so I'm behind too!

Miranda Barten said...

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the Netherlands. It must be a great start for the christmas-period. All Christmas decorations have to wait for about 1.5/2 more weeks here (and than I'm still early). I would love it if we would have your traditions here..

Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

I loved the blogs and I enjoyed the pics. It was a great week but too short - however many more memories to come. There is no house that is too small for family gatherings...ours will ALWAYS be open and waiting.

Anonymous said...

My comment wasn't supposed to be anonymous...I will get this down pat sometime.