Credits for banner here.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It has been an insanely busy past few days. I kind of don't know what to do with myself today. I went to kickboxing this morning and when I got home I realized that I just don't have anything to do except to catch up on blogging and scrapbookin! Well, except for the laundry that has been ignored the last few days while I have been in my cleaning and decorating frenzy. Oh, and I do need to clean up a little from last night, and design my Christmas cards, and order some magnets for stocking stuffers, etc... I guess I do have some things to do today but I think I'll ignore them and wait until tomorrow :) A girl does need a bit of downtime in this busy holiday season. Jomi is coming out with a new kit tomorrow, (I think?) and so of course I need to do a LO or two with it.

Anyhoo, back to the party last night. We had a really great time. We went out to dinner to Monell's which is a family style restaurant in downtown Franklin. From the front it looks very small but once you get inside it is quite large. In fact, it was the original jail (Frankin at one time was the capital of TN) and so they still have some of the bars up AND they have not removed the part of the floor that would drop out when people were hanged. Now, that does sound quite gruesome but there are no hangings on record. They have the records of where people were sentenced to hang but apparently the judge never went through with the hanging sentences (and if he did they didn't record it.)

After dinner we came back to our house for coffee and White Elephant gifts (gag gifts and anything you find around your house you don't want.) I think the best gift was the NFCN 2007 Ornament Collection. Kim, the office manager got a little crafty as you can see here. Dale ended up with it and he has tucked neatly in the back of his closet because it will come out again for next year's gift exchange ;) After the adults finished with their gift exchange Santa arrived with presents for the little ones.


They had such a great time and Bill (a man from our church) is an awesome Santa. He starts growing his beard and hair out at the end of summer so he has perfect "Santa hair" :) Here are some pics of the kids with Santa.






































5 comments:

Donna B. Miller said...

Looks like everyone had a great time last night. You'd feel right at home at my house -- I have the exact same colors in my living and dining rooms.

Lisa Joy said...

Looks like every one had a great time! Fun pictures

JenLo said...

Man, he does look like a good santa!

Unknown said...

Great pics - love those baubles and what a great Santa.

Unknown said...

those ornaments are hilarious!