Credits for banner here.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Shutteryfly Book One - Mission Completed!!



Remember that Shutterfly book I've been rambling on about? Well as of 1:30 am it was completed and paid for. This is the front cover of the book. Now, I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival! It's a little nervewracking to pay that much money and not be able to see the finished product! Oh well, if it's not perfect I'll make the changes and print my - this one is going home with my MIL. I know have to get my Christmas card LOs done - do you think I'm cutting it a little close? Maybe they should be Happy New Years card:) Here are the credits for the cover.

Scrappin' News

The other day in the Chatter forum at DST someone posted a thread about being intimated by really awesome scrappers! I clicked right on that thread because that is where I used to live. I would browse through the galleries and look at all the amazing, collage-style LOs! For me it was never even an option of doing one - it would be like putting a Calculus problem in front of a kindergatdner. I didn't even know where to start - it boggled my mind.

But then, one day I came across this book, Clean and Simple Scrapbooking by Cathy Zielske that took me from being a completely frustrated, feeling like a failure scrapper to being completely okay with my style of scrappbooking. After reading what Cathy had to say I realized that it is okay to make Clean and Simple LOs (thus the name of the book:) She also teaches in the book the elements of good design, the art of type, and the importance of journaling, or lack there of. I read this book in one afternoon (while sitting in a business meeting with my husband :) and came away with so many simple tools that improved my scrapbooking. So, if you're looking for someone/something to validate your style of scrapping this is a must read! P.S. the sequel is really great too!

Family Haps and Other Ramblings
The in-laws are arriving today which means that my scrapping room will have to turn back into the guest bedroom. It really is sad my guest bedroom looks like and office with a bed slapped in it. What's even sadder is that I have a real office downstairs but I like being to work up where the kids are - did you notice I called it "work?" :) I figure I am working - my pay is the free kits that I receive from my designers! My husband says that I am very good at justifying things! Hey - whatever it takes!! Anyway, one of my resolutions for the New Year is to turn my guest bedroom into an inviting and welcoming room. Of course if it's not comfy company won't stay so long. Okay, just kidding!!

Finally, remember the cookie recipe search I was on? Well, no one came to my rescue until last night when my friend, jennylongfingers (don't even ask) told me about this SmittenKitchen website with a chocolate chip cookie recipe that looked really yummy! What looks even yummier are all those pics she has posted on her site! It's making me hungry!

My Favorite Things
Last night, my above mentioned friend, jennylongfingers, mentioned that she was a little disappointed at my list of favorite things. She was hoping for some more materialistic things - you know, so she could run right out to the store and buy me a gift for our gift exchange next week. I, of course, told her that Christmas isn't about materialism (grin)! So, jennylongfingers - even though you've already bought me a gift that you're not sure I'm gonna like, here's one for you.

I love watching the Grinch - the old and the new. It is a must see every Christmas - well really my son wants to watch it year round. We have the original Grinch movie but not the new one with Jim Carrey. So - that is definitely on my Christmas list (my husband usually busy be a Christmas CD but this year I asked him to get me that in lieu of a CD.)

Well, that about does it. I have a house to finish cleaning before the in-laws arrive on my doorstep for their 13 day visit!!! :)

6 comments:

Lisa Habisreutinger said...

The finished book cover looks great - congrats on finishing it!

Barb said...

CZ's book is my absolute favorite! it's the only scrap book that I've ever kept.

Your book looks great ~ nice job!

Donna B. Miller said...

Congrats on finishing the Shutterfly book. I totally agree with you about simple scrapbooking being best. I'll do the artsy layouts for my CTs, but layouts for my own personal use tend to be pretty clean.

Unknown said...

I told you that website was great! You should save me some cookies. :)

Well, now that I've bought your gift I get all the ideas...doesn't matter if you don't like it...we take it back and get those fun things! :)

Anonymous said...

Love it....yeah!

JenLo said...

Hey, watch it. I my very self gave jennylongfingers some perfectly unique and creative gift ideas which I'm sure you'll enjoy ;)