Credits for banner here.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Favorite Things

Do you need a really good laugh today? Visit this mockumentary that pays tribute to die-hard scrappers like us. My sis over at Thinks by Me sent it to me the other day and anything she sends is always hilarious!

Well, I am working on my first Shutterfly Photobook! I downloaded the actions from Wendyzine and let me say that they have made life so much simpler. I have to have the book done today though because free shipping ends today and I certainly wouldn't want to lose out on the six or eight dollars. The other thing I have realized is that I have a gadzillion layouts of Brooke, a few of Connor and like three of Liam! How did that happen?!? So, my New Year's Scrapping Resolution is to not forget about my youngest child. I was the youngest of three and I have the least amount of pics of me - you would think I would be sensitive to that. So, I'll be doing a few LOs of him today to add to the book.

Besides my Shutterfly book (for which I am laying out out of kicking to complete - after I blog that is :) I need to clean my house because my inlaws are coming in town on Friday which means my Scrapping computer will not be available to me 24/7. I suppose I'll survive. I also need to make 6 dozen cookies for a cookie swap. My girlfriend, Emma, who is hosting this has decided that this is going to be an upscale cookie swap - I don't think your standard chocolate chip cookies are gonna cut it. So if you have any yummy cookie recipes that taste and look like they are really hard to make but really are very simple, please send them my way!! You can email me at amyscraps at comcast dot net. (Ps - that's not amys craps - that's amy scraps :)

On another note, here's the LO of the day. This is one I did several months ago for the Stand Up and Scrap contest. I did three LOs for it, got stressed and quit :) Contests really aren't my thing but I did get an awesome kit from it. Anyway, I took these photos one morning while the kids were just laying around on my bed. The light was just perfect so I grabbed my camera and shot a few pics. Just take a look at all those rolls Liam has! Credits here.

Well, before I go I thought I would share one of my favorite things. I was thinking about that song this morning, "My Favorite Things" and it inspired me to start from now until Christmas to list my Favorite Things. So here's the first...

My favorite Christmas Song (Religious): Welcome To Our World by Chris Rice

Tears are falling, hearts are breaking
How we need to hear from God
You've been promised, we've been waiting

Welcome Holy Child
Welcome Holy Child

Hope that you don't mind our manger
How I wish we would have known
But long-awaited Holy Stranger
Make Yourself at home
Please make Yourself at home
Bring Your peace into our violence
Bid our hungry souls be filled
Word now breaking Heaven's silence

Welcome to our world
Welcome to our world

Fragile finger sent to heal us
Tender brow prepared for thorn
Tiny heart whose blood will save us
Unto us is born
Unto us is born
So wrap our injured flesh around You
Breathe our air and walk our sod
Rob our sin and make us holy

Perfect Son of God
Perfect Son of God
Welcome to our world

Well, that's it for today! I hope you have a wonderful day and we'll chat again tomorrow. Well, maybe.

4 comments:

Jen U said...

Awww what a sweet layout! I think his rolls are adorable! LOL Very beautiful page, thanks for shring! :)

Kiki Halbert said...

Oh, so good to hear a good review about Wendy's Shutterfly actions. I need to get mine done. My nephew's name is Liam too! Nice layout!

Sara E said...

huge props to for getting your book done............... I am so behind on my scrapping... everyone will most likely get their albums after Christmas this year :(

Anonymous said...

I love the actions, use them everytime I make a LO, then upload my photo..and then when I have 101 layouts and a super coupon comes along I order my book! Just got mine back, it is fab!