Credits for banner here.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Puppy Love

Amy's Miscellany
Well, it feels like the holidays are in fulls swing. The in-laws are in town, school is winding down, spending and food consumption are at their annual high I have one more Christmas luncheon today. For some reason I'm having a really hard time feeling the Christmas spirit this year. I don't know if it is because we've been insanely busy with church parties and I've been finishing up photo Christmas gifts but by this point in the season I've usually watched all my "must see" Christmas movies" and just chilled in front of the tree for hours on end. I have taken a two week sebatical from the Y. I know, I know, that's not what you're supposed to give up amid the stress of the holiday season, but I give you my word I'll get right back in there ;) Well, amid all the stress I have certainly been scrapping - that's my stress reliever. This LO is of Connor and his favorite girlfriend, Jenna. He does have another one and I'll be scrappin' her too if we ever get a pic of them together! Credits here.

Scrap Reviews
I've been seeing thisPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket blinkie around digitown lately and finally decided to investigate! Well, it belongs to the website Faith Sisters which is a Christian Digital Scrapbooking Community. They have all kinds of inspirations and challenges to get you motivated to scrap about your faith. I'm looking forward to joining in some of the challenges in 2008.

My Favorite Things
Well, once again before I sign off I'll leave you with one of my favorite things. My favorite Christmas ornament I ever received was a glass bride and groom -and dangling from it was my diamond. My then boyfriend, Dale, proposed to me as we were decorating his tree. The story behind this is that Dale and I had met in September '98 in my hometown where he had come to perform a wedding of two of his college students (the bride attended my home church). He was their college pastor and they had asked him to officiate. My mom was the wedding director and I was helping her. Let's just say that I was smitten the first time I saw him and 3 1/2 months later we were engaged. I had come to Nashville to visit him a few weeks before Christmas and he popped the question. Four months later we were married and it has been the most wonderful eight years of my life - not saying we don't have our ups and downs :) So, do you have a favorite ornament?


3 comments:

Mrs. Burns said...

What a beautiful LO! I love those stitched stars! And yes, my fave ornaments are my boys' First Christmas Ornies. They each have a dough rocking horse and a ceramic handprint (that was made weeks after their births).

Barb said...

I'm going to go take a pic of my favorite ornament right now. Great inspiration!

JenLo said...

I'm having trouble feeling the Christmas spirit too. It seems our week-long trip at Thxgiving was enough to send me into tailspin and I haven't caught up yet!

My fav ornament is a Mama bear with a pregnant belly that I got the year I was preggo with Eric. It has a matching one with a Dad to be bear sitting on a suitcase waiting for the big day. I just love them!