Credits for banner here.

Thursday, December 13, 2007


Well, the Shutterfly book has yet to be ordered. I missed out on the free shipping although I spent hours on it yesterday. So, today is the new deadline :) What can I say - that just means I'm flexible, right? Just a word of caution to those of you who have yet to make a book. When you do two page LOs make sure that all the elements (such as ribbon that spans both pages) are aligned perfectly. I had to split my 12x24 LO into two 12x12s and somehow things got a little whacky. But, it's all taken care of and hopefully everything will print perfectly. I am getting ready to start on the cover using a template from Wendyzine. I'm all out of creative mojo so we're just going the simple route. Did I mention that I made two LOs yesterday to go in the book so I wouldn't feel bad about who I left out? Here's one of them. Credits here.

Scrappin' News
My TOOT for today is that KristinCronin-Barrow over at the SweetShoppe asked me to join her team. Check out her designs - they are really fabulous. I also want to share another amazing gallery that I found yesterday over at the Shabby Shoppe by Sheri R. You won't be disappointed and you'll definitely be inspired!

Family Happenings
Yesterday morning as we were discussing Brooke's allergies to chocolate (she's become the food Nazi) she was wondering where chocolate milk came from. Here's the conversation:
Brooke: Mommy, where does chocolate milk come from?
Me: They take chocolate and add it to the milk. (I'm the practical one in the family)
Brooke: Oh, well, I thought that maybe it came from brown cows - or, you know those two things on the cow that the milk comes from (the udders) maybe one is for white and one is chocolate.
Me: You know, Brooke, that is a very smart idea. Maybe that is where chocolate milk comes from (giggle.)

My Favorite Things
Well, before I go I'll share another favorite thing with you. Today, my favorite is hot chocolate. I can remember my mom always mixing up a big batch and we would have it all winter. So now, at the first sign of cool weather I run to the store for my ingredients and make up enough to last the whole winter. Here's a great recipe to keep around the house or mix up and give away.

Hot Chocolate
1 lb confectioner's sugar
6 c Nestle Quick
2 1/2 c powdered creamer
8 c instant milk

Mix all ingredients together. 1/4 c to 6 ounces boiling water. Enjoy!

Well, that's it for now folks. Have a good day!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats on making KCB team she is an amazing designer I just discovered her work recently and I'm in love.
I know Shutterfly books drive me crazy all the uploading and stuff, I just print locally and put em in a book saves me time and headache. LOL
Good Luck w/the book can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

congrats on making the team. Love KCB her designs so I am sure you're gonna have a blast working with them

Robin Ennis Willson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JenLo said...

I should have known that you would make up that huge batch! I've thought of doing it a few times but never have. This last trip to the grocery, I finally switched from individual packets to the can because we are using so much. So your recipe will be the next step!

Unknown said...

Yuummm! - hot chocolate is my fav hot drink.

Carolyn Albro said...

MmMMmMm sounds YUMMY!!

Hope you get your book done soon. I had a coupon at one point to get one for free and I worked my butt off trying to get one done and never did : ( I admire you for sticking to it.

Congrats on the new CT. Great stuff there.

Brooke sounds adorable LOL