Credits for banner here.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

I don't usually blog on Saturday b/c there's either not much going on or not enough time to sit down for a few minutes at the computer. But, I thought I'd share my little surprise from yesterday.

Yesterday morning I was sitting at this very spot blogging and browsing blogs (just taking a break from all my cleaning and decorating:) when my hubby called me to tell me a few things and then to remind me to be ready by 5pm b/c some friends were coming by to pick us up. Well, I immediately went into panic mode b/c I had arranged the babysitter for 5pm TONIGHT for our SS Class party and I thought I had made the arrangements for the wrong date. (We have about 8 parties we have to attend in the next 2 weeks so I've been a little stressed about the schedule/babysitting anyway) Well after a minute or so of panic he told me he was taking me to see Irving Berlin's White Christmas at TPAC. That is my FAVORITE Christmas movie and I was ecstatic all day!! We had a nice, relaxing dinner out with our friends and then we went to see the show.

We got home about 11:30 and I was so exhausted I could hardly keep my eyes open. For some reason, unbeknowst to logical part of my brain, I turned the TV on and started watching For the Love of the Game. I thought it was probably half-way through. Nope, I caught it at the very beginning and ended up watching the whole thing! Well, thankfully Dale let me sleep till 9:30 while he got the kids dressed and took them into church for a family Christmas event at church. I'm off to get dressed and head there myself in a few minutes. Daddy is being very good this Christmas - I'm thinking Santa might be bringing him something very nice!

7 comments:

AM said...

sounds like a great night!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!

And how sweet is your hubby being? Can he give mine lessons? ROFL

Have a great day!

Scrappy Cats Designs said...

what a sweetie - husbands can be so "good" around Christmas!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great night ..and followed by a lie-in....even better :)

Monique said...

Aaaw what a sweet hubby you have! Sounds like you had fun, have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

JenLo said...

That is awesome. I saw the Rockettes Christmas show last year and it was awesome too!

Gina.Maria said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful surprise!