Credits for banner here.

Thursday, December 6, 2007



Jomi has a beautiful kit out today at the DigiChick called Grateful. The colors are really gorgeous and I can't wait to use it later today. I think I know of just the pictures that will be perfect for this kit. So be watching for a LO to come.

I got this little Christmas Survey from Monique's Scrappin' Blog. I thought I'd fill it out for myself.

1. Christmas tree up yet? Two of them. The family tree that we all decorate and Mommy's tree with all the breakable ornaments

2. Any Christmas decorations up yet? Everything that is going to be put up is up.

3. What are you asking for for Christmas? A kitchen table and a camera. Well, I'm not really asking for them because I don't want Dale to spend the money on them but if I were asking that's what it would be.

4.What do you usually do on Christmas Eve? We go to our 6 pm Christmas Eve service and then we come home and set out cookies and carrots for Santa and the reindeer and write Santa a Thank You note. When the kids are in bed I finish wrapping presents while I'm watching a Christmas movie.

5. What do you usually do on Christmas Day? We get up early and open gifts and then the in-laws come over and we do it all again. Somewhere in there we start cooking for lunch and cleaning up. This year I'm thinking that eating out might be a good idea ;)

6. Do you own any Christmas clothes or jewelry? A few pairs of socks

7. Do you use white or colored Christmas lights? I switch back and forth...this year I'm using all white.

8. Do you bake Christmas cookies? I do and I eat most of them myself ;)

9. Do you buy Christmas presents for your whole family? For my side yes, for the in-laws we drew names this year.

10. How many friends do you buy presents for? A few.

11. Is there a Santa Claus? Am I reading this question right? How can somebody even ask that ?!? Of course there's a Santa Clause...he lives right near the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

12. Favorite Christmas Carol? This isn't really a carol but my favorite Christmas song is Chris Rice's, "Welcome to Our World"

13. Would you rather it be a white Christmas, or a warm Christmas? White, White White!!! We lived in Naples, FL for several years and my in-laws would come for Christmas and want to go to the beach on Christmas Eve. I boycotted. I stayed home and baked and did Christmasy things - and turned the A/C way down.

14. Was last year a good christmas? Yes

15. Which Christmas color do you like better? RED or GREEN? Green

16. Do you get a real Christmas tree, or is it artificial? We got a real one for several years but right now we are only doing artificial. Soon we'll go back to getting a real one again.

17. When you get older, will you get a real or artificial tree? Hmmm....hadn't thought about it.

18. Do you hang stockings? Yes

19. When opening presents, does your family all open them at the same time? We try to open them in an orderly fashion but the kids get really excited.

20. What is usually in your stocking? Always Avon lotion from my MIL.

21. Do you get up early on Christmas day? Yes

22. Does your family eat breakfast before or after opening presents? After

23. Do you have a favorite ornament you hang on the tree? I have several.....my Grandmother started getting me the White House ornament every year and now my mom buys it for me so I have a whole set of those. Then when I was maybe five my mom bought me a little angel ornament and I just LOVE it. My favorite ornament though is one I don't hang on the tree. My husband (then boyfriend) bought me a bride and groom glass ornament and put the ring on it and proposed to me when we were putting up his Christmas tree one year.

24. What Christmas movie do you like to watch the most? My absolute favorite is White Christmas, but I must also watch "The Grinch" (old and new), "While You Were Sleeping" "Miracle on 34th Street" (new), Holiday Inn, When Harry Met Sally (they end up together on New Year's Eve) and any Christmas movie on TV.

25. What do you like better, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Eve. I'm always a little bit sad when Christmas day arrives. I love the whole preparation and excitement up to Christmas Day.

4 comments:

Helena said...

Having the breakable ornaments separate sounds like a good idea!

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Great kit!

Have a great weekend!

JenLo said...

Gotta love the confidence of that bride & groom ornament before you said yes ') Sounds like the man in my house too!

Unknown said...

I am answering this survey a question or two at a time, as I am trying to blog daily until Christmas, along with a photo a day. I enjoyed reading your answers.