Credits for banner here.

Friday, December 7, 2007

Yay! It's Friday!! It's rainy and chilly here but I don't really care because I can stay in the house most of the day. Dale is off to SMART this morning with Brooke and he took Connor along so I'm here with only Liam. I've got the laundry going and that's about all I'm going to be doing today. We have a Christmas party to go to tonight so it will be kind of date for Dale and me.

Brooke has been quite funny lately. Actually, she always is. She is just so matter of fact about things and she just says whatever is on her mind. (Kind of like her mommy - Dale says I have no inner monologue!) I don't think I'm quite that bad - well, I know what what I'm thinking that never get said :)

Anyway, I went in to her class to sub on Monday so her teacher could go out to lunch with all the other Kindergarten teachers. I was there for 1 1/2 hours so I sent about 45 min in the classroom "teaching" and then the rest of the time was spent at lunch. Mrs Barnhill had them all on the reading rug and so I read them a story and we reviewed some "I" words and did a few other things. Well, as the kids got used to me they got increasingly more rowdy so I kept having to give them "looks" and firmly, but sweetly :) tell them to sit down and be quiet. Well, Brooke suggested several times that I pull their cards (Mrs. Barnhill's discipline measure - by the 3rd pulled card you are in big trouble), but I refrained. Well, when Dale got home that night he asked Brooke if she was excited that Mommy got to come to her class. Her response was, "Yes, but I don't think she handled the kids very well! She had to get yelly several times." Apparently I'm not quite as accomplished at substituting as I thought I was :) Well, that's fine by me - it just gives me an excuse to stay home and scrap!

Here's a LO I did with Jomi's new Grateful kit found at www.thedigichick.com. This picture is of me, my amazing sister and my sweet Aunt Bunni. The journaling reads:
Aunt Bunni, You have always been such an important part of our lives. Many times you have been like a mom to us - you certainly love us as much as any mother would. We have so many wonderful memories of you and our family gatherings are never complete without you. I love you so much and I know that Jennifer would say the same. So, from us to you, the most wonderful Aunt a niece could have...we love you! Amy & Jennifer

Credits here.

6 comments:

Azrood said...

Sounds like a semi-relaxing day at home! Hope you have a great time tonight!

Mary said...

LOL don't ya love ho honest kids are;) kick back & relax,

Anonymous said...

Love the song!!!

Mary Ellen said...

I always loved your Aunt Bunny. I think all of you and Jen's girlfriends that spent any time in your home when she was in town felt like she was our Aunt too. I am sure your tribute just made her day!

JenLo said...

That is so sweet. AND thank you for cropping off my big thigh on the side there. That' what sisters are for ;) AND tell Brookey that substitutes are supposed to be nicer than the regular teacher ;)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Very cute kindy story!
I have to say I adore your header, wonderful job. And that is an amazing layout!